HR Manager - Malton Neighbourhood Services
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for fostering a high functioning, collaborative and innovative culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. The HR Manager will drive the creation, updating, communication, implementation, and adherence of Human Re-sources, Employee Relations and Operations policies, procedures, and processes to remain current and in compliance with employment laws, industry standards and regulations. Develop and facilitate all human resource initiatives and provide organizational development support to all programs or departments and the Management Team. The successful candidate will have experience in, labor relations in a unionized work environment, employee relations and the implementation of talent management processes in a non-profit environment.
The position will direct all areas of Human Resource administration including.
- Recruitment and Onboarding - Maintains human resource by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Compensation administration - Maintains a compensation plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Benefits administration,
- Management development/training
- Policy Development - Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Compensation planning and management
- Developing and managing the Agency’ Performance Management System. Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Staff Training and Professional Development
- HR Administration to align with the organization’s objectives and legislative requirements.
- Risk Management to mitigate employment related risks.
- Labour Relations Management to Interpret and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Collective Bargaining Agreement and provide solutions, coaching and advice to the client group leadership,
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education with a degree and certification in Human Resources Management,
- CHRL designation
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in human services non-profit sector
- Labour relations experience in a unionized environment
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now
- Solid working knowledge of employment legislation: Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Right Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset.
- Ability to function in a busy, open work environment.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong coaching, counseling and mentoring skills to management and staff
- Professional in approach, a team builder, self-motivated, pays attention to details, and can take the initiative.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a short pre-screening interview and candidates must provide a current police records check. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Malton Neighbourhood Services is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.