Housing Support Worker - Relief - LOFT Community Services
The Housing Support Worker is responsible for providing a range of services that support the physical, social and mental wellbeing of the LOFT Crosslinks Housing & Support Services Program residents and facilities. This includes assisting residents in their daily living activities, (such as: personal hygiene, medication management, cooking and cleaning), helping them to sustain their support network (e.g. family, emotional and medical) and maintaining the established routines of the program. The position is key to ensuring the smooth operation of the property, the adherence by the residents to all security, fire, general health and safety practices.
The Housing Support Worker in partnership with other relevant program staff and the client to develop and carry out support plans with residents, and provide crisis intervention as needed in order to ensure a safe living situation.
*Note: Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. In addition, a satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Completion of or in process of completing a degree/diploma in Human Services
- Related experience providing support to vulnerable adults with serious mental illnesses and addictions
- Experience working in a residential setting is an asset
- Will be required to assist in cleaning units with individuals, common spaces or in preparing units for occupancy
- Counselling and responding skills, ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities
- Ability to utilise computer data base/word program
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organise activities and engage residents
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact effectively with groups;
- Day, evening and weekend shifts available
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-seeking communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “Relief HSW – KING CITY” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled