Housing Case Manager - Youth Services Bureau Of Ottawa
Classification: Youth Worker
Position: Full time temporary (18 months)
Closing date: September 15th, 2019
Comprehensive benefits and Pension included
Under the general guidance of the Director of Community Services and the immediate supervision of coordinator of Housing Case Management and Drop-In Services, the Housing Case Manager will be responsible for case management of clients referred from designated community partners including YSB. Clients will be supported in obtaining stable, long-term housing and connected to other supports to help retain their housing, including education/employment, mental health support, social/recreation, etc. The work will be completed in accordance with policies and directives established within the YSB.
- Provide ongoing case management services to clients so youth obtain stable housing
- Ensure ongoing assessment of client progress regarding levels of support needed
- Connect youth to community supports, links to employment and/or education opportunities, and support youth to retain long-term housing.
- Work with youth and the Y- or TAY-SPDAT assessments to determine client need with respect to level of housing and any supports required
- Support clients to develop skills to transition to independent living
- Provide data / stats, complete reports and other documentation or administrative functions as required
- Develop or facilitate development of program components as part of a housing case management team
- Ensure that physical client files are maintained and current within established guidelines
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge on current issues relating to youth
- Participate in identified training to ensure ongoing development of skills and abilities
- Establish and maintain appropriate community partnerships including with HBCMs in other organizations
- Commitment to upholding YSB’s values
- Build and maintain relationships with landlords and support landlord/tenant relationships to maintain housing
- Ensure familiarity with pertinent legislation, regulations, guidelines and Agency Policies.
- Attend and participate in supervision and planning meetings
- Follow safe work practices as established by YSB and the program
(The qualifications are appended to the job description and are not intended to be part of the job description)
- Diploma or degree in social sciences, social work or relevant field
- Three years direct experience working with youth, and providing case management services
- Familiarity with community services and agency protocols for referral
- Proven expertise with client profile (youth 16-24; unstably housed and with varying degrees of acuity)
- Experience with Y-SPDAT or other assessment tools
- Demonstrated ability to assess need for support or other resources
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and flexible hours
- Willingness to work in client home, community or other setting as needed
- Knowledge of Housing First for Youth principles
- Proven expertise with motivational interviewing to support case planning and ongoing facilitation of housing stabilization
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle required
- Oral and written fluency in English essential; Oral fluency in French essential
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Vehicle required
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The Temporary employee shall not be entitled to use accumulated seniority to displace an employee in another position at the end of the Term. This position may terminate with a minimum of two weeks’ notice.
YSB values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. In the event a qualified candidate is not found, candidates that do not meet the qualifications indicated on the posting may be considered.
Apply On-line with resume and cover letter on
Please direct questions to: email@example.com