Hospital Volunteer - Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH)
During the COVID-19 pandemic there were broad restrictions on people coming into the hospital and that included our volunteers. As the hospital ramps up programs and services we are excited to welcome back our beloved volunteers. Volunteers at MSH bring a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience and are a reflection of our diverse community. They play many roles in clinical and non- clinical areas.
MSH offers volunteers an opportunity to work with dynamic and dedicated staff and physicians and to play an integral role as part of the care team. Volunteers make a big difference everyday and are central in providing an extraordinary patient experience.
At the Markham site we are immediately looking for volunteers to fill many important positions including:
- Diagnostic imaging (CAT Scan, MRI)
- Fracture Clinic
- Gift shop
- Surgical services
At MSH, the safety of our people is a priority. We have enhanced safety protocols including mandatory screening and PPE training including education on the use of face masks and proper hand washing techniques.
We ask that you consider your availability when applying to volunteer and ensure that you are able to fulfil our required commitment.
- Minimum age of 16 years or older (at the time of application)
- A minimum 60 hour commitment for all volunteers, which takes approximately 6-8 months of one 3 to 4 hour shift per week
- Applicants 18 years or older must submit a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) (volunteers pay a discounted fee to apply). We provide you with a supporting letter at the interview
- Completed immunization
- Two written references (forms provided)
If selected, applicants must attend an interview and a volunteer orientation prior to beginning their volunteering.
Click here to apply:
Location: Markham site
Or you can contact us at: