Health Benefits Support Staff - Student Association of George Brown College
Position Title: Health Benefits Support Staff
Reports To: Sr. Coordinator, Health Benefits
Compensation: $34,320 (Start step union grid)
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type/Hours: 40 hours/week, Full time
Unionized/ Non-unionized: OPSEU Local 557
Position Overview and Key Objectives:
This is a unionized position within the organization. The individual will provide front-line services to students, College personnel and external guests calling and visiting the Student Benefits program offices. On the phone and in person this individual will provide superior customer service while responding to student health benefit related inquiries and may also from time to time greet visitors, provide referrals, give directions, answer questions and disseminating information. The individual may also provide administrative support such as typing, data-entry, faxing, photocopying, assembling packages, phone-calls and taking appointments with the matter of benefits program.
Duties and Responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- Provide superior customer service to Students, College personnel and External Guests at all times
- Managing file and database systems of the Student Health Benefits program
- Receiving and maintaining confidential and sensitive student file
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge and processes about the SA Health and Dental Plans.
- All practical and administrative tasks associated with the administration of the SA Health and Dental Plan
- Maintain the health benefits offices in a highly orderly manner; organize reception area, supplies, storage cabinets; have forms and supplies in stock and readily available at all times
- Troubleshoot benefit scenarios by utilizing plan information when dealing with students
- Support the Sr. Coordinator of Health Benefits in the adjudication of individual claims appeals, in conference with consultant and carrier representatives
- Review and summarize various reports and documents for the benefits program; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
- Work with SA Connect, Welcome Centre Support Staff to ensure consistency of services between offices
- Prepares and provides a detailed monthly report that includes an analysis of health benefits program, services improvement and current operating issues to Senior Coordinator, Health Benefits
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain exceptional attendance and regular hours of work
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality of information
- Must be familiar with and adhere to the SA Collective Agreement and all SA Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Must be familiar and adhere the Student health benefits and its policy
- Establish and maintain a positive, professional and interactive working relationship SA Staff and Board, the College, External and Internal Clients
- Completes tasks on time and with minimal errors
- Works well independently as well as in a team
- Ensure all relevant Policies & Procedures are up to date and are being adhered to by all staff & students
- Readily available and supportive to staff, student directors and our membership
- Accepts feedback well and takes measures to improve performance
Required Skills and Experience Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or equivalent is required.
- An outgoing, positive and friendly personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multitask, take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent Computer skills – MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Previous work experience in the medical field and or insurance industry an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of student rights, issues and accessibility to post-secondary education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to navigate complex situations and difficult interactions with grace, patience and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate, organize and maintain records of information over time.
- Attention to detail; good record keeping and filing skills.
How to Apply:
Please email a PDF version of your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com Subject line: <your name>: Health Benefits Support Staff by October 20, 2020
The Student Association of George Brown College invites and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including persons of Aboriginal ancestry, members of visible minority groups, persons with disabilities, women, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are the Students of George Brown College, committed to supporting each other in the struggle for student rights, the pursuit of quality education and the provision of services in a safe, accessible and equitable environment.
Commitment to Equity
The Student Association is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from among those groups of individuals that are traditionally underrepresented to apply.