Harm Reduction Peer Worker - Centretown Community Health Centre / Centre de santé communautaire du Centre-ville
Job Title: Harm Reduction Peer Worker(s) – 2 Positions / Mental Health and Addictions Program
Status: Contract Position of 3 months – 2.5 days per week (0.5FTE) to 5 days per week (1.0FTE) –
possibility of extension
Pay Scale: $20.989 /hour to $25.287 /hour
Pension and Benefits: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)/ including some benefits
Centretown Community Health Centre is seeking Harm Reduction Workers to support services at the City run Respite Centres from January until the end of March 2021. Harm Reduction Workers will work alongside a dedicated team to engage and support individuals who access the Respite Centres for basic needs and respite.
- At least 6 month experience working in harm reduction including as a volunteer
- Understanding of harm reduction principles and practices
- Knowledgeable of harm reduction supplies and harm reduction strategies
- Lived experience with harm reduction strategies
- Good listening skills and strong personal boundaries
- Good communication skills and ability to work with others
- Strong organizational skills/time management skills
- Ability to assess and respond to situations based on available information and past experience
- Ability to de-escalate interpersonal conflicts in an effective manner
- Demonstrates an understanding of the differing beliefs and value systems of others and respectful of all individuals
- Ability to ask for support/provide support when needed
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Basic computer knowledge
English, written and spoken essential
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to email@example.com by January 15, 2021 by 5pm.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Harm Reduction Peer Worker(s) – Term P/T”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.