Group Services Workers x40 - Geneva Centre for Autism
Group Services Workers x40
September 16, 2019 to June 19, 2020
Part Time-Shifts are Afternoons and/or Weekends
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). All of our clinical services are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of trained, experienced and empathic professionals including speech-language pathologists, behaviour analysts, therapists, early childhood educators, occupational therapists, developmental paediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. In addition, our staffing team is supported by a Professional Advisory Council which is composed of world-renowned clinicians, blending their expertise with ours. Consequently, Geneva Centre for Autism is able to provide the highest quality of clinical service to our clients.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Support Services, Group Services Workers facilitate skill building and recreational programs for children and adolescents with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Work directly with children with autism in a group setting assisting to develop communication, social and life skills.
- Provide direct care to the participants (including personal care), ensuring adequate supervision and programming at all times
- Ensure the health and safety of the participants
- Ensure adequate materials (i.e. visual aids, programming materials, etc.) are available and ready for use each shift
- Participate in program planning with team members during preparation time
- Complete daily progress reports on each participant and other documentation, as required
- Maintain regular contact with the Supervisor regarding all issues pertaining to the program
- Maintain a clean and organized work/office area.
- A University/college education in a relevant discipline (e.g. social work, psychology, education, behavioural sciences) completed or working towards completion
- Previous experience providing direct support to children, youth or adults with disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders in a recreational or skill building program
- Experience with managing challenging behaviours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Aptitude with music, art or drama therapy is an asset for this position
- Bilingualism is an asset.
(Starting Salary: $14.50/hour + 4%vacation pay)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Please quote Job #19.19
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.