Group Services Shift Leader x10 - Geneva Centre for Autism
Group Services Shift Leader x10
September 16, 2019 to June 19, 2020
Part Time-Shifts are Afternoons and/or Weekends
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). All of our clinical services are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of trained, experienced and empathic professionals including speech-language pathologists, behaviour analysts, therapists, early childhood educators, occupational therapists, developmental paediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. In addition, our staffing team is supported by a Professional Advisory Council which is composed of world-renowned clinicians, blending their expertise with ours. Consequently, Geneva Centre for Autism is able to provide the highest quality of clinical service to our clients.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Support Services, Group Services Shift Leaders Provide direct functional support and feedback to Group Services Workers, Students and Volunteers.
- Provide direct support to Children, Youth or Adults in skill building and recreational programs
- Ensure the program runs according to plan and in accordance with Policies and Procedures including Community Safety Protocol
- Be aware of and adhere to On-Call Procedure
- Facilitate program planning with staff team
- Regular communication with Respite Supervisor on all aspects of the program.
- Ensure necessary paperwork is completed
- Documentation is completed thoroughly and is kept in good order
- Monitor staff performance and morale during shift and report regularly to the Respite Supervisor
- Document Participant attendance and family contact in CYSIS
- Along with the Supervisor, participate actively in planning and presenting at staff meeting
- Attend Respite Leadership Team meetings as required.
- A University/college education in a relevant discipline (e.g. social work, psychology, education, behavioural sciences) completed or working towards completion
- Previous experience providing direct support to children, youth or adults with disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders in a recreational or skill building program
- Experience with managing challenging behaviours
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Superior problem-solving and crisis management skills
- Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Excellent leadership skills.
(Starting Salary: $16.75/hour + 4%vacation pay)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Please quote Job #20.19
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.