Grants Coordinator - Weston Family Foundation
22 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2S7
Wittington recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
The Grants Coordinator, contributes to the efficient operations of the Foundation office, and provides administrative support to the Foundation and its programs across various grant programs.
You will also contribute to key support functions including data storage efficiencies (e.g. Smart Simple/SharePoint management) and advisor management across the Foundation. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Operations.
This is a 6 month contract opportunity
- Coordinates and administers granting programs based on standards and processes using grant management software (e.g. track applications, reviews and reports)
- Oversees individual grants within various committee portfolios to ensure effective oversight and accountability, including: liaising with grantees, executing agreements, reviewing reporting submissions, tracking budgets and outcomes, tracking payments.
- Contributes to the development of granting program processes, report prototypes and generates reports as required
- Supports accounting processes, including payment approval and tracking
- Prepares templates, routine letters and other communication (e.g., thank you notes, meeting minutes)
- Organizes and prepares materials for Committee and other meetings, including agendas, proposals, briefings, grantee updates, recommendations and financial reports.
- Assists in preparing financials, e.g. quarterly expense and donation reports
- Tracks deadlines, including committee work, RSVPs, invitations, etc.
- Updates planning calendars
- Support and involvement with special projects, as required
- 2- 5 years of similar or relevant experience with preference for grants administration & reporting
- Demonstrated experience with numbers and numerical analysis required
- Communications, marketing, outreach or public relations
- Works well in independently and within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience with document design
- Familiarity and comfort with numbers and numerical analysis.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office; experience with grants management software (e.g. SmartSimple) and other standard office applications (e.g. GoTo Meeting and SharePoint) is an asset.
- Adaptable and flexible individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Proactive and action-oriented personality; strong sense of pace and urgency
Number of Openings: