Grants & Appeals Associate - The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
Grants & Appeals Associate / C&MA Development Department
To faithfully serve the Alliance family as we strive to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered and Mission-focused.
SUMMARY OF PART-TIME ROLE:
Responsible for appeals to individuals, foundations & institutions. Skills in crafting donor-centric messages and impact statements for grantors will cultivate predictable revenue generation. The perfect candidate will have a wide range of experience with direct mail and digital cultivation and be willing to be trained on foundation software.
Duties include: Carry out donor-centric appeals with existing and potential monthly donors. Research opportunities through grant databases and write funding applications to grantors. Develop processes for direct-mail and digital prospecting initiatives to recruit email addresses for cultivation resulting in donations. Facilitate the sponsorship appeal called Neighbourly, coordinate the Legacy appeals and special appeals.
Reports directly to: Director of Development
Works closely with the following:
- Internal contacts: Communications personnel, Finance personnel, Global Ministries personnel, and other National Ministry support staff.
- External contacts: Vendor partners, and suppliers of digital services.
Appeals & Grant Tracking:
In conjunction with the Director of Development and the development team, oversee and manage the marketing and fund-raising process to foundations. These functions include:
- Design processes to extract data from foundation databases and foundation services for effective marketing and follow-up using our CRM
- Create funding proposals to grantors
- Ensure that impact reporting requirements are met for successful grant bids
- Collaborate on brainstorming ideas, take initiative, and see internal projects through to implementation and amazing results
- Manage and provide direction to certain key marketing and fund raising activities in the Department. Maximize the use of the CRM for fund raising and research activities. Assist in designing and creating management level analytics.
- Segment and design digital and direct-mail appeals that match the mindset of a donor to our ministry.
- Liaise with the out-sourced agency Advisors with Purpose to develop impactful Legacy-gift messaging.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of project support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the prospecting challenges of grantors and supporting appeals in an office that interacts with diverse people and programs.
Competencies integral to the position:
- A strong and proven background in working within CRM databases (Sumac from Silent Partner Software would be considered an asset)
- Experience and proven track record in managing cultivation processes
- Personable and professional
- An ability to take on new initiatives and successfully manage them and adjust them as required
- Able to liaise with donors to cultivate and keep them abreast of ongoing initiatives and connecting points.
Demonstrated skills and attributes
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail, particularly in document review and data reporting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and able to learn the CRM system
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- At least 1 year experience working on fundraising appeals to constituents
- Understanding of church or charity functioning
- Experienced with MailChimp and CRM reports, mailing list setup, and creating simple donation cultivation messages
- Excellent phone/email communication skills: courteous, friendly, warm
- French speaking is an asset
- Excel skills a plus.
- Be a highly organized and detail-oriented person who always follows through
- Post-Secondary education; fundraising education is an asset
The environment we work in:
The Development Department of The Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada promotes charitable ministry by encouraging and facilitating the planning and giving of donations to the mission. We manage a large pool of individual donations and contributions from 440+ Alliance churches nationally. Staff are motivated by faith and playing a part in supporting the growth of churches and bringing access to Jesus via the international workers (IWs) around the world.
This position is located in our National Ministry Centre in Mississauga. The hours are 22.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Notice of Accommodation:
Please note: The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Sandra Browne (Operations Manager), at 416-674-7878 Ext.# 348 or by e-mail at Sandra.email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place if you are invited to interview.