Grant Writer & Fundraising Coordinator - Volunteer - Canadian Center for Women's Empowerment (CCFWE)
Canadian Center for Women’s Empowerment (CCFWE) is a registered non-profit organization is dedicated to empowering domestic violence survivors through mentorship. We are looking for a dedicated volunteer Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
You will work with internal and external partners of CCFWE to ensure accurate, detailed and concise proposals are written, edited, formatted, revised, submitted, tracked, and monitored in an appropriate manner to ensure continual CCFWE strategic success. This is an exciting opportunity will make a difference in the lives of women in Canada and around the world.
- Prepare proposals by gathering and formatting the required information, writing the drafts, and securing internal approvals
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission
- Collaborate with CCFWE team and outside stakeholders
- Edit and review content with meticulous attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone, and consistency of reports and other written materials
- Conducting prospect research; assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Collaborating with Executive Director to compile annual reports
- Coordinate and liaise with Board Directors and the management team to communicate strategy/risks and to secure required information, reviews, and signatures
- Provide updates on the submission and target deadlines to Executive Director
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field.
- 3+ years of grant writing experience in nonprofit grant writing
- Good knowledge of feminism, domestic violence, and women economic empowerment model
- Knowledge of social policy (including inclusion, diversity, mental health, violence prevention, substance abuse, and housing)
- Proficient in measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of trauma-informed care and fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Location - Homebased, remote (Nationwide)
Commitment- Able to commit at least 6 hours a week (Mandatory)