Grant Writer and Researcher - The Learning Enrichment Foundation
Grant Writer and Researcher
Internal and External Posting
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) which provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Newcomer Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best in breed practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
The Grant Writer and Researcher will strengthen LEF’s capacity for grant and report writing, research, impact evaluation and communications to our community.
This role will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals and reports. Primary responsibilities include draft preparation of proposals, grant applications, and requisite In addition, this individual will be responsible for reviewing and editing Client Engagement content for consistent language and voice of department for internal and external communications purposes including digital channels.
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and become part of a progressive non-profit organization.
Grant Writing & Submissions:
- Works with our defined funding strategy based on identified needs and opportunities
- Updates and maintains our database of funding opportunities completed proposals, reports and related confidential files
- Works closely with department colleagues and other teams to gather information for input to the submission of grant proposals and reports including partner and support letters, and confirming budgets
- Writes and submits grant proposals and reports to appropriate third parties within the prescribed timeline and based on organizational requirements
- Creates strategically positioned presentations that are succinct and poignant for all audiences
- Improves our internal proposal and report processes and tools, such as gathering, organizing, and categorizing information
- Conducts initial research to develop and transform ideas into grant proposals
- Conducts research on potential funding sources that align with LEF’s vision, programming, and community needs
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the organization and team to design, implement, and evaluate programs impact using the Sustainable Livelihoods framework
- Creates internal and external reporting, including board and funders’ reports
- Ensures project outcomes are captured in the internal database and reflected in funders’ database (iCARE, POES and CAMS) as well as ensures that these outcomes are built into LEF’s overall narrative.
- Conducts research regarding information related to the labour market, demographics, program development, evaluation, and community assets and needs as required
- Shares research results, best practices and lessons learned in a manner that is accessible and builds the knowledge and skills of LEF staff, community members and partners
- Connects with other research bodies and participates in research opportunities and sector-wide learning circles to strengthen, validates and advances LEF’s experiences and expertise.
Review and edit content:
- Collaborates with team members to create, review, and edit content “the voice” of the department and programs in all external communications
- Liaison with internal Digital Communications team for departmental communications, website postings, and various media pieces
- Edits proofreads, and assists others with their writing needs
- Produces other forms of written material as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field from an accredited College/University with a strong academic focus
- 2 to 5 years of experience in research, grant, and report writing
- Advanced English skills with proven academic writing ability and some experience in digital communications
- Knowledge of public and government grant processes would be considered an asset
- Must be detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Strong writing ability in terms of quality and takes pride in writing and responsibility for everything produced
- Ability to synthesize and analyse diverse information and data
- Comfortable working on new, uncertain, and abstract projects where the requirements are sometimes unclear
- Creative and critical thinker who can quickly research, understand, and communicate new concepts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects at once
- Ability to, take on new tasks with short notice, and be mindful of project deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical and research skills are essential
- Strong understanding of the local community (Weston/Mount Dennis) and of community development issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, various social media platforms and other relevant applications.
- Knowledge of statistical software, an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team in a pro-active manner
- Enjoy working with a collaborative, fast-paced team
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and able work in a multi-cultural/multi-racial environment
- Commitment to on-going professional growth and development
- Required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends as per organizational needs
- Prior experience in a work from home environment with a home office set up.
- Flexibility to attend to LEF offices as required
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: April 5, 2021
Closing Date: April 26, 2021– by end of business day
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.