Store Associate - The Bishop Strachan School
The Bishop Strachan School (“BSS”) is an undisputed leader in girls’ education. It is within this dynamic, creative and nurturing setting that girls acquire the academic tools, the life skills and the personal confidence to become tomorrow’s leaders. BSS is a leading-edge, year-round, day and boarding school for girls, located in mid-town Toronto, with a student population of 900 JK to Grade 12 students. BSS prepares its students to meet the challenges of tomorrow’s world by focusing on the whole girl – her development in academics, athletics and the arts, as well as her social, emotional, spiritual and physical well-being. At BSS, girls are given the space, the encouragement and the tools to pursue all of their dreams.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking exceptional candidates to fill the position of:
Part Time – Three days per week
Short Term Contract
October 2020 to June 30, 2021
Parent Engagement Lead
Students & Student Families
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Parent Engagement Lead, the Store Associate is responsible for assisting with the operations of the General Store, to ensure new and returning students are provided with excellent customer service in a professional and courteous manner.
The Store Associate is responsible for the day-to-day operations, inventory control, merchandising, sales, as well as the reconciliation of all financial transactions. In addition, the Store Associate manages inventory and liaises with the BSS Purchasing Agent who places orders for additional stock as needed.
The Store Associate serves the BSS community by ensuring the highest standards of customer service and represents the school in all dealings in a professional and courteous manner.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Manages annual uniform onboarding for new (average 150/year) and returning students, including supplier management, fittings (virtual or in person), and on-time delivery
- Manages fulfillment of online orders and in person sales
- With the support of the direct report, recruits, co-ordinates, schedules, trains and leads a diverse group of volunteers, makes the store a desirable and inclusive place for student and parent volunteers
- Ensures optimal inventory levels and merchandises the stock, performs bi-annual inventory count
- Greets and serves students and parents, offering exceptional customer service and creates a welcoming environment for new families
- Administers the retail point of sale (POS) system which includes an online store
- Keeps the online store up to date with appropriate messaging
- Oversees invoicing to student accounts, ensures compliance and follows-up on discrepancies
- Creates product displays and ensure store is organized
- Works with the direct report to develop interesting and relevant new products
- Promotes items through the online shop and BSS social media channels and occasionally opens the store during evening events
- Participates in the Staff Growth Process
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a retail environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to liaise with, develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and all members of the BSS community
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment with a strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency with numbers and the ability to accurately work with detail as it relates to pricing, inventory and sales data
- Proven expertise using Shopify
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and database software
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Creative skills to help create new products
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Sense of humour, flexibility and adaptability
- Commitment to the vision of the school and the Basic Expectations of a BSS Staff member
- This role is 22.5 hours a week with flexible start /end times
- The days/hours may change pending needs of the department
- Short Term Contract role from October 2020 to end of June 2021
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Store Associate in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca