Fundraising Programs Manager - Bethlehem Housing & Support Services
Bethlehem Housing and Support Services (BHSS), in partnership with the community, provides affordable housing and services to support the personal growth of individuals and families.
Stable affordable housing and support services contribute to a vibrant, caring and inclusive Niagara where everyone has a home.
Who we are
Since 1985 Bethlehem Housing and Support Services has been helping the diversified needs of people across the Niagara Region with affordable housing and community support services and programs.
Who we help
As a multi-service organization, Bethlehem provides affordable housing, targeted programs and support services for individuals and families who are designated homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to issues with poverty, physical disability, mental health, domestic violence and family breakdown.
What we do
Transitional and Permanent Supportive Housing programs and services.
Community Outreach and Transitional Support for those who are homeless, at risk and families experiencing domestic violence.
Personal capacity building programs are an important part of our services to build towards successful housing and improved quality of life.
Early Learning Centres for child development, parenting, after-school and summer camp programming for our children and families.
Why we do what we do
The Niagara Region is experiencing a housing and homeless crisis with over 6,000 households on the affordable housing waitlist and on average, 20% of the population are spending 30-50% of their income on housing costs that drive families into precarious living in impoverished conditions. We work to engage with the community to support the provision of housing solutions for the Niagara Region homelessness and housing service system.
If as a Fundraising Professional you are cause-driven and community-minded, hold values that align with our Mission and Vision for the future, and if this is a cause that concerns you; the role of Fundraising Programs Manager at BHSS may be the role of a lifetime where you can make a meaningful difference in your community.
The right candidate will play a significant role in advancing Bethlehem Housing and Support Services mission by ensuring the continued growth of our philanthropic profile – currently forecast to generate $200,000 to $300,000 annually.
The role will initially focus on pivoting our strategic direction to include the development, coordination and implementation of virtual fundraising activity using peer-to-peer tactical fundraising events, tools and resources.
As our strategies and activity change direction over the next year, the role will be progressively correlating to the candidate’s personal growth, capabilities and success. Compensation will augment commensurate with target achievements.
The organization currently manages an existing portfolio of loyal donors. The role will include the implementation of the new tactical programs for the acquisition of new donors, as well as developing a plan to renew engagement of existing donors. Over time and success with new strategies, you will work towards cultivating and building relationships with the intent to develop strategic donor proposals.
He/she will support the successful solicitation and engagement of these important constituent groups by working with senior volunteers and a dedicated staff team. Combining a positive outlook with a hands-on work ethic, self-initiative, energy and drive, he/she employs both best-practices and creative fundraising strategies in managing their portfolio and implementing a plan to achieve revenue targets.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in a related/relevant field of study.
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience in philanthropy, fundraising and fund development, multi-program/project management, with a proven track record in achieving financial targets/objectives from private and/or public sources and fund development initiatives.
- Proven success in asking for and closing gift/donation requests, building and maintaining long-term relationships with mid-level/ major individual donors, foundations and corporations
- Certificate in Fundraising Management and/or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset. Association of Fundraising Professionals membership is an asset.
- Fundraising Database management experience will also be considered an asset.
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in all levels of gifts giving and solicitation, and virtual/peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns
- Creative and innovative approach to marketing and communications, that translates into fundraising and organizational development improvements.
- High emotional intelligence, exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to provide purpose, motivation and direction to immediate reports and other organizational team members; and foster an environment of creativity.
- Strong integrity, while demonstrating a commitment to confidentiality and ethical business practices.
- Friendly and professional demeanor, donor-oriented attitude
- Understanding and knowledge of the sector will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates a personal understanding and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the organization.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuasively convey and promote BHSS mission to diverse groups, including major donors, corporate and foundation executives, board members and other critical to BHSS overall prosperity