Fundraising & Partnership Coordinator - ABLE2 (formerly Citizen Advocacy Ottawa)
As the Fundraising & Partnership Coordinator you will be reporting to the Manager: Communications, Engagement & Fundraising and will oversee the execution of established fundraising events including our signature event, Evening in the Maritimes. You will also develop and deliver new events, both internal and third party, acquire new sponsorships and partnerships as well as maintaining the current sponsorship relationships.
- Creating sponsorship proposals for all events and programs as needed, developing a targeted list of organisations to approach and ensuring all sponsors receive a fulfillment package;
- Developing relationships with other groups, organizations and individuals that could be long term partners with ABLE2;
- Overseeing the successful execution of Evening in the Maritimes, being the point of contact for the volunteer committee, all external contractors and vendors;
- Introduce and run new and innovative fundraising events:
- Managing and accurately maintaining timelines, budgets and work plans for all fundraising events in conjunction with staff, volunteers and committee members;
- Book venues, coordinates audio-visual requirements, manage registration and other logistical components as needed for fundraising events;
- Attend all fundraising events (compulsory and outside of regular office hours);
- Responsible for managing and growing a portfolio of third-party events, liaising with event organizers to ensure the success of their event; and
- Evaluating fundraising events and programs, analyzing progress against targets.
ABLE2 is looking for someone with:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in event coordination; fundraising;
- A minimum of three years’ experience demonstrating knowledge of best practices in the areas of event management, fundraising and sponsorship in a busy office environment;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time-management skills, ability to meet deadlines;
- Positive attitude, flexible and creative with the ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software and database software;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills;
- Understanding, sensitivity and discretion relating to issues of concern to persons living with disabilities;
- Bilingualism (English/French), oral and written, considered an asset;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
A more detailed job description is available upon request
If this is the challenge you have been looking for please email your cover letter and resume including salary expectations in confidence to the attention of Heather Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: By noon on August 5, 2020
For more information on ABLE2 visit: www.able2.org
ABLE2 of Ottawa is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is seeking that diversity in applicants for this position.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Relocation funding is not available for this position.