Fundraising Officer - Canadian Council of Muslim Women
The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is seeking a Fundraising Officer with a proven track record in developing and implementing fundraising strategies and plans resulting in long-term sustainability for not-for-profit organizations.
CCMW currently has a robust Fundraising Plan in alignment with its strategic goals. An experienced fundraising expert is required to implement the plan and achieve fundraising goals articulated in the plan.
Reporting to the Executive Director, accountable to the Board of Directors, the Fundraising Consultant will:
- Review the fundraising plan and amend if necessary.
- Implement fundraising plan and monitor achievement of goals set in the plan.
- Work with Digital Strategist to acquire, set up and implement a donor and sponsor relation management system (CRM) compatible with Squarespace.
- Supervise entry of contact information into the CRM and develop entry and follow up protocols.
- Work with lawyer to continue the process for charitable status acquisition and see the application through to acquisition.
- Develop and implement at least two fundraising campaigns aligned with CCMW vision and mission and CCMW’s national fundraising plan.
- Identify potential donors and sponsors through research and existing networks and cultivate relationships.
- In collaboration with the Communications Officer, plan and manage events and develop and maintain an events calendar to support CCMW’s strategic goals.
- Research and write funding and grant proposals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, including fundraising.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in fundraising.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of current and emerging best practices in fundraising and development.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to meet deadlines and deliver quality products on time and on budget.
- Agree to CCMW’s mandate and Guiding Principles which may be found here.
- Contract Position for 40 hours per week based in the Greater Toronto Area, at the rate of $60,000/year, including HST. Qualified candidates are required to submit their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m., January 22, 2021. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is a national not-for-profit committed to attaining equality, equity, and empowerment for all Muslim women in Canada. Founded in 1982, the organization works to promote Muslim women’s identity in the Canadian context. Visit www.ccmw.com for details about the Canadian Council of Muslim Women.