Fundraising Events Coordinator - ALS Society of Canada
The ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) is looking for a Fundraising Events Coordinator to join our award winning team. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of the 30+ virtual volunteer-led Walk to End ALS events across the province of Ontario while also supporting all ALS Canada’s signature and third-party events. You will assist with recruitment, retention, revenue generation and stewardship of volunteers, team captains, sponsors and supporters, with a focus on meeting fundraising targets.
What you’ll do:
- Meet or exceed overall event revenue targets for all virtual Walks across the province of Ontario
- Support staff and volunteers to create an impactful campaign and event day participant experience
- Support the recruitment of the maximum number of participants at events by assisting in the execution of the operations plan
- Work towards increasing donations raised per participant by making suggestions for the donor stewardship strategy and participant journey
- Assist the Walk campaign through metrics analysis, reporting on KPIs revenue tracking; support contingency planning activities, where required
Customer Service and Stewardship:
- Support the development of the Walk campaign emails and assist in deployment – supporting recruitment, retention and virtual fundraising efforts
- Create and deploy pre- and post-event emails and surveys for each Walk in Ontario
- Build and maintain relationships with all top fundraisers and team captains on a personal level and communicate with them on a regular basis by email
- Monitor and respond to inquiries from all participant/ web requests
- Provide administrative support where needed to staff and volunteers
- Source, order, and distribute incentives for all ALS Canada events
- Develop and identify in-kind sponsorship opportunities and support solicitation and recognition of local sponsors
- Coordinate creative development with the Marketing team for all new resources
- Act as the liaison to the Marketing team for the development of the fundraising website and support the transition to new p2p fundraising platform
- Oversee money handling process and procedures for all Ontario Walk to End ALS events
- Responsible for all logistics surrounding Walk Committee Training
As a Fundraising Events Coordinator you are:
A resourceful self-starter who is able to exercise discretion, compassion and emotional resilience. You are flexible and able to respond to a varying and diverse workload. You have a proven fundraising track record, previous experience working with volunteer committees and a demonstrated ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external partners
You have a combination of the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Completion of post-secondary degree/ diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in special events planning and project management in a not-for-profit setting
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and an aptitude for database systems; experience with various P2P platforms considered an asset
- Experience in not for profit, health charity or working with individuals with a terminal illness an asset
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely and complete documentation and electronic records for each event/program
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to speak and/or write in French an asset
- Some travel based on events and organizational requirements – valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance required
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Submit a cover letter and resume to jobs@ALS.ca. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer and strongly encourages people from equity-seeking groups to apply.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
What you’ll be part of
You’ll become part of a community of leaders who are passionate about the work they do because every day, you’ll know your work has contributed to making an impact. ALS Canada is a charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect. We work with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) through community-based support services, advocacy and investment in research toward a future without ALS.
Their world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage. Apply to join our team today!