Fundraising Events and Volunteer Manager - My Friend's House
The Events and Volunteer Manager plays a critical role in the philanthropic advancement of My Friend’s House through the coordination of giving events and coordination with giving partners including third-party fundraising initiatives, and sponsors. This position requires a creative, detail-oriented and results-oriented individual with highly developed relationship management skills. The Events and Volunteer Manager must have a proven ability to think strategically and work independently to drive new initiatives and enhance existing programs that support My Friend’s House being the charity of choice for our communities.
Key Responsibilities: Events
• Create events to engage new giving donors and increase giving.
• Collaborate with the Development Manager in research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, corporate and in-kind donors for giving programs.
• Develop content for and oversee the production of marketing collateral for events including sponsorship material, invitations and other special projects.
• Perform research of event vendors, negotiate contracts and secure. Coordinate all logistics for events including registration, volunteer management, printing, production, marketing and communications, timelines, data entry and committee meetings.
• Develop and manage strategy for cultivation and stewardship of event related donors and prospects.
• Manage all event sponsor communications to increase engagement
• Coordinate logistical aspects of special projects and events
Key Responsibilities: Communications
• Implement stewardship communication program including: acknowledgements, newsletter updates, social media posts and web site updates.
• Support the establishment of an Annual Campaign theme including messaging to ensure consistency.
Key Responsibilities: Volunteer Coordination
• Institute a volunteer management plan outlining roles, recruitment targets, methods for attracting, retaining and supervising fundraising volunteers.
• Provide professional volunteer management including research preparation, review of research and briefing notes to support volunteer call activity
• Recruit, screen interview, train and retain event volunteers
• Actively investigate potential volunteer recruitment opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. event management, communications, marketing, public relations), with experience in fundraising and philanthropy operations and donor services at a registered charity, or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
• Demonstrated experience supporting the planning and execution of philanthropic events;
• Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, creativity and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to use sound judgment and always maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team structure.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize work.
• Strong leadership, communication (oral and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and meet competing deadlines.
• Ability to maintain a customer-centric approach including attention and focus on detail, high organizational standards and quality work.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience managing and using donor databases. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Constituent Management Software (i.e. GiftWorks) or similar applications.
• Self-motivated: able to work independently or collaboratively as a team member;
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit résumé, along with a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this important role with My Friend’s House to email@example.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted. Please note that suubmissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.