Fundraising & Development Officer - Monthly Giving - Canadian Feed The Children
Canadian Feed The Children (CFTC) – proudly and independently Canadian since 1986 – works to unlock children’s potential through community-led action in Canada and around the world. CFTC delivers development programs through local partners that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on children’s lives and on the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. Currently operating in five countries (Bolivia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda, and in Indigenous communities in Canada), this award-winning, Imagine Canada Standards-accredited agency is at the leading edge of practice in the international development sector. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As part of a smaller, dynamic fundraising team, the Development Officer will have three main areas of focus: coordinate the Mass Monthly portfolio, manage child sponsorship activities, and provide support to the Supporter Services team. Your responsibilities include:
- Acquiring and cultivating new mass monthly donors and stewarding current mass monthly donors to meet the portfolio revenue goal.
- Coordination of annual child sponsorship activities across four countries: Bolivia, Ethiopia, Ghana, and Uganda.
- Providing outstanding customer service by being a frontline resource for donors and internal staff.
Mass Monthly (Approximately 45% of time)
- You get to own the mass monthly donor experience which includes responding to donor inquiries and requests via phone, mail and email in a professional and efficient manner; accepting new monthly and child sponsors over the phone, by mail, online, and via tele-fundraising and face-to-face campaigns.
- Develop and maintain the donor journey.
- Ensure new Recurring Gifts are entered into Raiser’s Edge, tracked and stewarded properly.
- Coordinate with external vendors in acquisition of new monthly donors.
- Work with the Development Team on mass monthly strategy and budget.
- Create and update donor stewardship content including letters, brochures and videos.
- Retain and upgrade donors through arrears and reminder notifications.
- Create reports on mass monthly retention and acquisition.
Child Sponsorship (Approximately 35% of time)
- Manage all child sponsorship administration activities across the four child sponsorship program countries and CFTC Toronto office, including training of international staff and partners.
- Create and deliver annual child sponsorship updates, work with Communications and Programs team to write accurate child sponsorship community profiles.
- Work with external vendors to maintain and upgrade the Child Sponsorship Information Database (CSID).
- Work with Programs team to coordinate timing of activities / critical paths.
- Create quarterly reports on child sponsorship activities.
Supporter Services Support (20%)
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, with emphasis on mass monthly donors, using advanced techniques to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel.
- Provide support for front line customer service and stewardship to specific segments of donors.
- Create and maintain operational manuals for Supporter Services in partnership with other staff.
Key Qualifications & Competencies
- Must be a data and systems pro! You have solid experience with Raiser’s Edge along with ImportOmatic (for data integration), exporting of data, running reports and/or pivot tables and running quality checks and/or queries.
- You will need several years of monthly-giving experience, within a non-profit or charitable organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a strong focus on phone and email communication.
- Extraordinary relationship development skills with a proven and successful track-record for soliciting gifts.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and presentation skills.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. This posting remains open until a successful candidate has been identified. Please note that we begin the screening process as soon as applications are received. Please, we kindly request no phone calls and no staffing agency inquiries.
Canadian Feed The Children is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.