Fundraising Coordinator - NightShift Street Ministries
WHO WE ARE
NightShift Street Ministries is a not-for-profit organization, committed to reaching out to people struggling on the street with homelessness, poverty, addictions and mental illness. We do this by providing a hot meal, 365 nights a year, clothing and blankets, along with basic nursing, counselling, drop-in programs, referrals, advocacy, access to recovery and housing and more! NightShift is a Christian faith-based ministry dedicated to sharing unconditional love, and helping each other find hope and purpose. Our core values are integrity, humility, perseverance and unity.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an organized and enthusiastic people-person, and self-starter to work closely within our small but dynamic fundraising and events team. This person will support our fundraising events, campaigns and donor management. You love bringing people together and celebrating the value of others. You are organized and intentional, yet adaptable to the occasional change in plans! You enjoy working in a collaborative style. Good planning and time management are key. You will also understand the mission of NightShift Street Ministries and are passionate about the ministry’s work of serving vulnerable people on the street. The role occasionally includes work on evenings and weekends outside of the office when necessary, so you must have flexibility in your schedule.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BA or continuous learning in fundraising management, event marketing, public relations, or another related field, partnered with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in fundraising/donor relations, or equivalent client-focused or non-profit environment.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in support of fundraising events is an asset.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement.
- Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy, attention to detail and trusted to work with confidential information.
- Great written and verbal communication and an ability to communicate using tact, diplomacy with donors and volunteers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities within interdependent timelines.
- Experience with donor databases (such as Salesforce) is an asset and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and computer applications a must.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.