Fundraising Advisor - Volunteer in Myanmar - Cuso International
Location Yangon, Myanmar
Start Date Oct - Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Fundraising Advisor, you will support in preparing funding proposals, donor mapping and conducting a partner analysis for the program. Furthermore, you will also be working with team to develop funding strategic plan to indicate new partners for joint-partnership.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Produce funding proposals related to programs
- Create a funding strategy plan, donor mapping, partner analysis
- Develop funding strategy for small business partners
- Support local partners on funding related training
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Degree in other subjects or a wealth of experience, may also be acceptable
- Experience working in fundraising, including the preparation of funding applications for trusts, foundations or businesses, and government.
Essential Professional Background:
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate people and organizations to support Cuso International work
- Systematic and thorough, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines.
About Cuso International and Our Partner
Cuso International Myanmar
Cuso International has implemented its VOICE project in Myanmar and 21 other countries which will continue till March 2020. The Volunteers for International Cooperation and Empowerment (VOICE) program (VOICE) in Myanmar will increase the capacity of community-based organizations and government to deliver innovative and sustainable/inclusive development results for poor and marginalized communities, women and youth. Our program will focus on two projects: A Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) project, which focuses on increased security for women and girls; and the Inclusive Sustainable Economic Growth (ISEG) project, which focuses on improving access to employment (either formal or informal) that increases security, income and working conditions, particularly for youth and women including the development of entrepreneurship and inclusive businesses, and the development of value chains in the tourism sector.
Cuso International Myanmar signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of rural development to work in Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw, Mon State, Tanintharyi Region and intends to extend its activities to Kayin State.
Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation