Fundraiser - Type Diabeat-it
About the Role:
Overall: We are looking for an individual to conduct research and apply for funding opportunities for the organization. You also be working with the Digital Media Coordinator to collaboratively come up with engaging ways to ask for donations online. The Researcher and Writer will also help you conduct research on fundraising opportunities.
- Keeping track of grant opportunities, grant status and important deadlines
- Writing grant proposals and submit grant applications to secure funding
- Coordinating and reporting on grants and donations to funders
- Contacting and communicating with government grants and foundations for information and eligibility
- Excellent persuasive writing, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Good work ethic, flexible, enthusiastic, professional and team-oriented
- Experience writing proposals to corporate, foundation, and government donors and an understanding of the technical and financial requirements for grants
- Experience with or training in grant writing for non-profits/charities
Type Diabeat It is a Canadian non-profit organization that is focused on educating and supporting Canadians and Belizeans living with Diabetes. We share a two-part mission that envisions the improvement of the diabetic reality in both Canada and Belize. Our role is to ensure Black Canadians and minority groups are not only given access but also equipped with adequate resources to better manage and prevent diabetes. Our aim is to be a catalyst for change as we seek to alleviate the disparity that minority groups experience when living with a chronic disease.