Fund Development Coordinator - Howe Sound Women's Centre Society
FUND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR – Squamish BC
Howe Sound Women’s Centre is hiring for the position of Fund Development Coordinator. This is a 24 to 32 hours per week permanent part-time position with a flexible work schedule.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for the effective development and implementation of the Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society’s (HSWC) fund development and community engagement strategy and initiatives.
Duties for this role include the identification, planning and execution of new and existing fundraising and awareness opportunities in all areas of community engagement, including grant writing and reporting, donor cultivation and stewardship, corporate and foundation partnership development, event management, marketing and communications, and fostering community relations to ensure HSWC service goals and mission are met. To support and uphold the values implied by the Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society Mission Statement.
Closing Date: 01-Oct-2021, Friday, 5:00PM
Salary Rate: Based on Experience
Benefits: Employee Assistance Program and Extended Health Benefits upon Passing the Probationary Period
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current federal, provincial and municipal policies and regulations governing charitable organizations
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic understanding of web and graphic design software and social media.
- Strong fundraising skills with a focus on individual and major giving
- Ability to achieve results while maintaining and building effective relationships
- Ability to handle flexible working hours, with occasional evening and weekend work when required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to focus on delivery of targets and goals
- A passion to make a difference in the lives of women and children in our communities.
- An understanding of systemic discrimination facing women and the dynamics of violence against women
Training, Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in fundraising or marketing and communications or related disciplines, preferred
- 3-5 years non-profit fundraising experience
- Experience with planning and executing successful fundraising events
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
This position requires a criminal record check by the police and authorization for a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act of BC.
Reports To: Executive Director
Please see our website for full job description https://hswc.ca/careers/
At Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society, we work from an intersectional feminist perspective and value a diverse workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants with diverse cultural identities including Indigenous, racialized, queer, marginalized genders, and people with dis/abilities to apply.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Please direct your inquiries, cover letter and resume to:
Priscilla Belanger, HR Coordinator - email@example.com
Please indicate “Fund Development Coordinator” in the subject line