Fund Development Coordinator - Blue Door
Reporting to the Resource Development Manager, the Resource Development Coordinator will provide support in all aspects of fund development with an emphasis on coordinating new and existing events, supporting the development of print and online fundraising materials, and solicitating and stewarding new and current donors.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, business, or a related field
- 2-3 years experience in managing relationships and/or events
- Comfortable in soliciting and stewarding donors and sponsors
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of the housing/homelessness sector and fundraising best practices are an asset
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills, research skills, and ability to follow through with a high sense of urgency
- Sound judgment, tact, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess computer skills with specific competence with spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid Driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and insurance. Ability to travel throughout York Region
- Positively communicate to the community Blue Door’s goals and work at every opportunity
- Develop strong professional relationships with new and existing donors/partners by identifying, soliciting, and stewarding potential partners, donors, funders, and sponsors
- Support with the writing of proposals and reports
- Assist with outreach, planning, and execution of Blue Door’s fundraising and stewardship events including Coldest Night of the Year
- Build and maintain Blue Door’s grant database
- Identify and implement new creative fundraising opportunities
- Support with all donor acknowledgement activities, including timely oral and written communication to donors, receipting, maintaining accurate donor records, gift management systems, and reports
- Support with developing fundraising content for print as well as the website, emails, and social media channels
- Represent the organization in relationships with select funders and sector stakeholders, as required
- Attend internal staff meetings and staff training as required
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client and agency information
- Other duties as assigned
For all staff: Occupational Health & Safety
- All employees are responsible for carrying out work in a way that does not adversely affect their own health and safety and that of others
- All employees shall learn and understand health and safety policies and procedures and will comply with them
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to promote equity and reflect the diversity of York Region, we encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+, members of visible minorities, and women.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Blue Doors AODA Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
All applications will be reviewed as received, and interviews will begin for qualified candidates as soon as possible. The position may be filled before this job posting ends. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Blue Door