Fund Development Associate - FSK Associates
Fund Development Associate
Reporting directly to the Principal Consultant, the Fund Development Associate is a key member of the team.
Prime responsibilities include support with proposal writing; direct mail; third party events; corporate and foundation research, and donor stewardship and recognition aimed at meeting the revenue goals of the clients as established by the Principal Consultant.
1. Fund Development
- Coordinate and support with all fundraising and resource development processes (as assigned) including prospect research, grant related research, supporting in the development of high-quality funding applications and relevant materials to individual and institutional donors / resource providers at local, regional, national levels.
- Support with proposal writing and tracking responses associated with: individuals, foundations and corporate giving
- Coordinate individual giving programs (as assigned), including developing initial drafts for direct mails, monthly giving.
- Support with prep for major gifts related meetings
- Support and coordinate aspects of events (as required)
- Develop and oversee creation of stewardship and donor recognition reports
- Work to ensure relevant databases are kept accurate and current
2. Relationship Management
- Coordinate and support with the stewarding of potential, current and past donors and partners,
- Create and recommend effective recognition and stewardship program for donors; establish an acquisition plan to cultivate existing and pursue new donors
3. Donor Administrative Support:
- Develop and maintain reporting and tracking systems to manage donor administration
- Create and maintain records of receipts and letters being issued.
- Mail merge and spreadsheet / data management (as required)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fund development in the not-for-profit sector with a track record of significant success
- Proven experience of putting together and packaging persuasive and imaginative fundraising / grant writing proposals for presentation to targeted funders, foundations and or institutional donors
- Experience knowledge of development, management and implementation of effective corporate fundraising strategy and associated work plans
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders
- Financial acumen and strong strategic thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proposal writing, public speaking, presentations
- Strong experience in managing and developing people and teams
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM, Task Management & fundraising databases
- Able to work flexible hours
The individual must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Time management and punctuality;
- Dependable and understands the importance of meeting deadlines;
- Honest, sincere, considerate and truthful;
- Understands the importance of quality work;
- Approachable, articulate and determined;
- Resilient, proactive and positive;
- Coachable and adaptable;
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 21, 2021.