Fund Development Assistant - Sistering
Sistering is a multi-service agency which offers practical and emotional support to women and trans people facing a variety of challenging life circumstances, including poverty, homelessness, substance use, mental health issues and trauma histories.
Our Vision is A world where all women and trans people, in all our diversity, are safe, respected, valued and treated with dignity. All women and trans people have equitable opportunities to thrive and participate in inclusive communities.
Our Mission is a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental space for women and trans people. We are guided by principles of feminism, anti-racism and anti-oppression.
We Offer programs include a low-barrier 24/7 Drop In, Housing and Case Support, Harm Reduction, Peer Outreach, On the Path to Employment and Spun Studio social enterprise, and individual and systemic advocacy.
Reporting to the Fund Development Manager, the Fund Development Assistant will help support the Strategic priorities of the organization. Prime responsibilities include working closely with the Manager on fundraising initiatives and events, including donor relations with a focus on engagement opportunities for donors. The incumbent is a results oriented individual with strong creative skills.
The position will support the planning, implementation and execution of the agency’s fund development strategies aimed at meeting the revenue goals of the agency as those set out in the Strategic Plan and annual budget.
- Assist with stewardship of active monthly donors and support initiatives to grow monthly donor portfolio
- Support Development team in coordination and implementation of all annual events
- Support the Development and Communications team to develop digital content/e-solicitations that support appeal campaigns, including identification of target audiences
- Coordinate sponsor/donor engagement opportunities and activities
- Support with the stewardship of the relationships with potential, current and past donors and partners
- Support with the maintenance and updating of the database regularly
- Support with administrative tasks including tax receipt generation, data entry, pulling reports from the database, deposits and donor mail-outs.
- Research background information on potential corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Support Sistering social media accounts posts as requested
- Assist with the content of the monthly newsletters
- Assist with the creation of communication assets
- Support the Communications team to develop digital content/e-solicitations to support appeal campaigns, including identification of target audiences
- Support the Communications Associate as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
- Fund development and/or communications educational background
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and experience implementing effective digital strategies
- Results-oriented individual and high comfort level with a hands-on approach to fund development
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders
- Highly organized with strong administrative and project management skills, able to juggle simultaneous priorities while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience in using Salesforce
- Positive, creative, and enthusiastic to learn
- Able to work flexible hours
- Graphic design is an asset
The Fund Development Assistant works in the office and community. Sistering is a 24/7 operation, fast paced, intense environment.
There may be the risk of exposure to potentially unpredictable behaviours and situations. The service space is a pet friendly facility and employees will be expected to be in the proximity of animals.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits package
Sistering is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we welcome and encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Human Resources Coordinator, by email Humanresource@sistering.org, or phone at 416-926-9762 ext. 242.