Fund Development and Finance Coordinator - Canada Without Poverty
Canada Without Poverty is a leading national charitable organization working to end poverty in Canada through public awareness-building, policy development, human rights education, research, and amplifying the voices of people with lived experience of poverty.
We are hiring a Fund Development and Finance Coordinator who will manage the day-to-day finances and fundraising of the organization, as well as grow our fund development program.
Finance and Operations experience is required. Fundraising experience is an asset but we are willing to train for the right candidate.
Finance and Operations
- Financial administration and management for a national anti-poverty organization, including monthly reconciliation, liaising with book-keeper, communicating with Board Treasurer as needed, coordinating and administering expenses, payroll, and managing organization bank accounts as main signing authority
- Leading and coordinating the annual financial audit of organization and all required compliance and reporting to the government
- Developing annual budget, supporting project budget development, and presenting financial overviews at board meetings
- Coordinating main fundraising activities, including direct mail campaigns, online campaigns such as Giving Tuesday, fundraising events, and annual appeal letters
- Coordinating all fundraising administration, including management of donor database
- With other staff, creating and implementing a fundraising strategy for the organization
- Ensuring donor-centric language is infused in materials and content
- Supporting grant-writing, as well as project development where appropriate
- Demonstrable experience with financial administration, including developing spreadsheets and budgets, and other operational administration;
- Experience with fundraising activities for non-profit/charitable organizations is an asset;
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in a fast-paced enviornment;
- Passion for human rights and economic justice;
Salary: starting at $46,000/year, full-time, very flexible hours. Extended health benefits and paid vacation time offered.
Position is in Ottawa with remote work options available to accommodate public health guidelines. Job responsibilities will require you to visit the CWP offices biweekly to collect mail-in donations.
We prioritize the hiring of people with lived experience of poverty, and people who self-identify as being from marginalized communities, including Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, and LGBTQ2S+ people.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews, so please no calls.