Fund Developer - Samaritan's Purse
FUND DEVELOPER – DONOR MINISTRY
Calgary area, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is looking for a Ministry Fund Developer in the Calgary-area to be a member of the development team, working from the Calgary Head Office. This salaried postion will be responsible for meeting financial goals in order to facilitate ministry objectives determined for SPC. Along with developing new relationships and donors, the Ministry Fund Developer stewards existing donors as assigned. This team player will participate in fundraising initiatives organized by the department and attends events on behalf of the ministry. Travel throughout the province, and sometimes beyond, will be required. They will build support primarily from individuals, secondarily from corporations, foundations, educational institutions, and churches. The Ministry Fund Developer will be expected to make presentations on SPC projects and provide audiences with opportunities to financially support SPC.
The Ministry Fund Developer also supports the foundation donor portfolio, and will assist with research and proposal writing resulting in support from new foundations. The Fund Developer will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Development department.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising and some foundation grant proposal writing experience an asset
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals while strengthening an organization’s reputation
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage complex and often competing priorities; ambitious to achieve goals
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, professional
- Ability to work effectively in an often changing environment
- Capable of managing own schedule to ensure targets are achieved
- Must enjoy meeting new people and be resourceful in researching, prospecting, engaging new constituents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about the vision and ministry of SPC and enjoys networking and sharing with others about the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and gifted at public speaking, with proven fundraising ability
- Awareness of Non-Governmental Organization culture, an asset
- Experience with fund development databases and Microsoft Excel
- Salaried postion with full benefits
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is selected