Full Time Speech & Language Pathologist - Bethesda
Bethesda Community Services is seeking a Full Time Speech and Language Pathologist. Specializing in Developmental Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Reporting to the Manager of Children’s Services, the Speech and Language Pathologist will work collaboratively with other professionals to provide quality programs and services to children, youth and their families. This position will be based out of Thorold and travel may be required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting speech, language and augmentative communication assessment and treatment as required for children and youth who have a diagnosis of a Developmental Disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The Speech and Language Pathologist will develop and implement direct and indirect intervention plans. In conjunction with other clinicians, the successful candidate will be required to complete assessments, provide treatment and provide subsequent service referrals/recommendations, as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in the field of communications, disorders and sciences, from an accredited university
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Speech and Language Pathologist is required
- Registration with the College of Speech Language Pathologists & Audiologists of Ontario (CASLPO) – Fees are reimbursed annually
- Knowledge and skills pertaining to basic computer skills and Microsoft Office
- Experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities and /or ASD
- Sign language an asset
- NVCI and First Aid Certifications are an asset – paid training is available
- Valid G license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- French/ English bilingualism is an asset