Full Time Program Manager – Community Services - Good Shepherd
A new opportunity currently exists within Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Toronto in the role of:
Full Time Program Manager – Community Services
Reporting to the Director, the Program Manager of Community Services will manage, coordinate and supervise the activities of diverse teams and volunteers providing community-based programming and services across the Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Toronto portfolio. This may include Intensive Case Management, Creative Works Studio, Trusteeship, and Health Services.
- Monitor, evaluate, and manage staff performance in collaboration and consultation with the Director
- Develop and maintain cooperative and collaborative relationships with other health and social service providers to ensure provision of services to tenants.
- Participation in the recruitment of staff, managing their orientation and participation in both formal and informal staff development initiatives.
- Provision of clinical supervision of staff providing direct service to clients of the organization
- Develop and maintain systems for the orientation and supervision of students and the volunteer program.
- Monitor, evaluate, and manage staff performance in collaboration and consultation with the Director.
- To participate in the recruitment of staff, manage their orientation and participate in both formal and informal staff development initiatives
- Develop and maintain cooperative and collaborative relationships with other health and social service providers to ensure provision of service
- Responsible for supervising staff in the collection of clinical information and ongoing record-keeping on clients as required by Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes, funding agencies and applicable legislation
- Post-secondary education in health or social services, with a minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Experience and skills in case management, assessment & community development within community-based mental health and substance use/harm reduction services.
- Proficient computer skills, with experience in MS Office, Word, Excel and database applications.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues relating to chronic homelessness.
- Knowledge of community resources, social and environmental determinants of health.
- Must be committed to principles of psychosocial rehabilitation, recovery focused service delivery, and a harm reduction approach.
- Excellent team-building, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
Please forward resume and cover letter quoting job number #TH-23-21 by October 1, 2021 to:
Colleen Lamond – Director
Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Inc.- Toronto
Called to Never Stop Loving, Good Shepherd, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, provides person-centred, health, housing and human services to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community.
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to work within an integrated anti-racist/anti-oppressive framework and to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversities within the community we serve.
Good Shepherd encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you need accommodation, please contact Human resources at TAli@gsch.ca or (905)528-5877 Ext. 7579.