Full Time Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care (JOB ID# 200789) - KW Habilitation
- Are you looking for a career that will have a meaningful impact and make a difference in people’s lives and the community?
- Would you like to work with a progressive leader in the developmental services sector?
- Would you be committed to bringing our vision statement “A community where everyone belongs and participates”, to life?
- Do you want to lead the team that is developing a specialized resource in Waterloo region that can address a current community need by assisting caregivers through capacity development efforts when the behavioural complexities of person(s) they support exceed their ability?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, please keep reading!
KW Habilitation is a progressive organization that provides a wide range of individualized services and supports to children with special needs, as well as youth and adults with developmental disabilities.
KW Hab’s Complex Care program is characterized by engaged employees and high employee retention rate. This commitment is a reflection of our team synergy and displays an amazing dedication to the people we support. We are hiring for the following position to lead this exceptional team of professionals:
Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care (Full-Time)
The Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care has the delegated responsibility to ensure that all services provided in inclusive living settings are within the context of K-W Habilitation’s (KWH) vision, mission, values and service principles and are consistent with legislative requirements.
The Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care will promote the principles of person centered planning in their speech, presentation and in the performance of their duties. The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to staff supervision, collaborating with KWH senior management and clinical staff to lead behaviour assessment and treatment efforts in specialized environments, individualized support services, operational functions, administrative duties and management of property standards. As a representative of KWH, the Manager of Inclusive Living and Complex Care acts as a leader and role model in all functions of the position.
- College diploma (2 years) and/or a University degree in a human services related field
- At least 5 years direct experience working with people with developmental disabilities
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Experience supporting people with highly complex behaviours
- Experience leading teams in challenging environment
- Experience ensuring programs standards to meet ministry compliance expectations.
- Experience in managing resources within budget
- Experience in collaborating with clinical professions in leading behaviour assessment and treatment efforts
- Proven leadership skills; excellent communication & organization skills, and proficiency using a computer
- Commitment to person-centred thinking and planning (e.g., PRISMS)
- Able to demonstrate creative problem-solving and decision-making, high resiliency, advocating for others, change management, relationship/network building, resource management, and strategic thinking.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle along with current First-Aid and NVCI training
What KWHabilitation Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work-life balance
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities
- A respectful and inclusive workplace and opportunity to make a difference in the community
Hours: 40 hours/week - Flexible (some evening and weekend work required)
Closing Date for Applications: August 14, 2020
Forward Applications to:
c/o KW Habilitation
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
Visit our Website: www.kwhab.ca
Job ID# 200789
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, KW Habilitation seeks to provide accessibility in the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants should inform Human Resources of the nature of the accommodation(s) that may be required with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure their equal participation.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.