Full-Time Facilitator And Resource Back-Up - Goodwill, The Amity Group
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Join our team as a FULL-TIME FACILITATOR and RESOURCE BACK-UP for Goodwill, The Amity Group, at our King William Career Centre, located at 225 King William Street Suite 101, Hamilton, ON L8R 1B1.
This full-time opportunity is 37.5 hours (5) Five days per week, starting annual salary, $32,156 and, includes Group benefits, Short & Long term illness and a Pension plan.
Goodwill the Amity Group is a leading human services organization based in Hamilton that serves the Hamilton/Halton communities. Goodwill’s mission is about the power of work in people’s lives. We support individuals in overcoming barriers to employment and obtaining work. Our Employment Services are partly funded by the government of Ontario and partly funded through our own social enterprise activities, which include retail thrift stores, a café/catering operation, leasing at our owned head office, and a light assembly division. In addition to providing funding, these activities also provide additional training and employment opportunities for the individuals we serve. This is a challenging and exciting time to join Goodwill and play a key role in contributing to our future directions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in Career Development, Human Services or equivalent
- A minimum of (3) three-years demonstrated work experience assisting those experiencing job loss, with an acute understanding of job readiness initiatives.
- Proven track record of successful group facilitation with a diverse participant base
- Experience with lesson planning that is geared to achieving positive outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to listen and adapt lesson planning according to client need
- Ability to work in various presentation modes including PowerPoint, Prezi, YouTube, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a code of conduct to maintain a positive and respectful environment
- Prepare workshop materials in advance of sessions
- Develop new curriculum or modify existing materials to meet the diverse needs of the group, with management approval
- Act as an ambassador for Goodwill in the community delivering information sessions
- Develop and maintain an inclusive classroom atmosphere
- Demonstrate compassion and understanding of working with adults who have disabilities or barriers to employment
- Provide backup duties in the resource centre, when necessary
- Ensure sessions are well attended through promotion and pre/post client contact.
- Ensure participant feedback is collected and approval rating is above 90%
- Perform other duties as assigned
NOTE: As a condition of employment for this position, you have agreed to:
- Have a criminal reference – vulnerable sector check completed
- Conform to all Safety regulations and procedures
Please apply by Wednesday March 20th, 2019 with resume & cover letter, by e-mail to:
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations.