FT Residential Counsellor, Sally Laidlaw House - St. Leonard's Community Services
St. Leonard’s Community Services has been an established part of the community for more than 50 years, and is accredited for our excellence in serving children, youth, adults and families within the communities we serve.
Our staff enjoy:
- ‘Perks’ such as a fitness benefit; Employee Assistance Plan; participation in pension/RSP/TFSA plans; and group health & dental plans where premiums are 100% paid by the Agency (Full Time staff)
- An Agency committed to ensuring their physical and mental health/safety is paramount
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Supportive, collaborative teamwork, where diversity is respected, and hard work is recognized
Sally Laidlaw House is a transitional housing program for up to 8 young women, aged 18 to 24, to help them acquire the resources and life skills they need to live independently.
As a Residential Counsellor at Sally Laidlaw House you would:
- Develop, implement and monitor Service Plans and help clients develop the skills and resources they need to enhance their development of interpersonal and instrumental life skills
Annual salary: $41,282 plus shift premiums and benefits
Hours of work: Monday-Thursday, 11:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Friday, 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Projected start date: as soon as possible
Please note: Due to the nature of the environment and clients, St. Leonard’s reserves the right to hire only female employees for this location.
TO APPLY, YOU MUST:
- Have a college diploma in the Human/Social Services field
- Have a minimum of 2 year’s combined student placement and/or paid experience working with youth with substance use, mental health and/or homeless issues
- Be proficient in MS Office and be familiar with databases
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to manage frequent exposure to vicarious trauma
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519.759.8156
Apply by June 24, 2019
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Leonard's Community Services is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. The Agency encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.