Frontline Worker - The Ottawa Mission
The Core Purpose of the Ottawa Mission is to reflect Jesus’ love in serving the homeless, the hungry, and the lost.
Our Mission is to by provide food, shelter, clothing and skills, and offer healing, faith and hope for building a wholesome life.
Our Vision is to become a collaborative leader and innovator in empowering those we serve in transitioning to wholeness.
Our Values are Acceptance, Respect, Compassion, Integrity and Independence
Reporting to the Manager of Front Line Services, the Frontline Worker is responsible for the day-to-day operations of The Ottawa Mission’s Front Line Services while representing the concerns and safety of the client. He/she acts as a liaison between the client and all other departments.
- Provide encouragement, guidance and advocacy for Ottawa Mission clients
- Maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect and positive morale among staff and clients
- Assist in establishing criteria for serving clients in a compassionate, dignified and equitable manner
- In cooperation with Client Services and Addictions Services make appropriate client referrals
- Adhere to all Ottawa Mission and Front Line policies and procedures, suggesting revisions when needed
- Confident in one’s own ability to manage hostility and mediate crisis.
- Ensure the safety and security of clients, staff and Ottawa Mission property and buildings
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations, reporting any safety issues to the frontline shift supervisors
- Mediate crisis/conflict situations using non-violent intervention techniques and/or ASIST and/or First Aid/CPR and refer to/advise appropriate staff as needed
- Attend on a regular basis front desk staff meetings, bringing forth agenda items and actively participating in decision making
- Ensure communication with clients, staff, all emergency personnel, health facilities, public and other contacts is comprehensive and professional
- Maintain comprehensive records, memos and sharing of information between shifts and other Ottawa Mission staff by regularly updating the Shelter Registry
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of client, staff and The Ottawa Mission at all times
- Ensure the proper handling of all client medications, mail, checks and monetary and gift-in-kind donations through the front desk in accordance with established procedures
- Work collaboratively with all other departments
- Maintain communication exchanges with shift supervisor and teammates before every shift to review vital information pertaining to the shift ahead and in regards to information and issues regarding the clients or front line operations
- Carry one’s self in a manner that reflects the mission, values and vision of The Ottawa Mission
- Promote a strong team approach and proper execution of all duties involved in a shift
- Meal lines
- Bed checks/ Wake-ups
- Handling and storage of medications
- Other related duties
University Degree or College Diploma in one of the following programs:
- Police Foundations
- Community & Justice Services
- Good working knowledge of MicroSoft Office
- Possess Crisis Management and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain an atmosphere of courtesy and respect towards clients, staff, volunteers and donors
- Able to express empathy and compassion when dealing with clients diverse and challenging situations
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in work hours
- ASIST training considered an asset
- Knowledge of personal Health and Safety regulations; WHMIS certification / Fall Protection Certification considered an asset
- Class “G” driver’s license considered an asset
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working with the vulnerable population
- Experience working in Crisis environments considered an asset
- High degree of physical activity involving various activities: walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to push up to 100 lbs
- Ability to maintain alertness while 12-hour day or night shifts
- Must be comfortable working in a challenging environment that has the potential for confrontation and/or exposure to violence
***PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A CASUAL / ON-CALL POSITION REQUIRING EVENING, WEEKEND & OVERNIGHT AVAILABILITY***
Please send Resumé, quoting "Frontline Worker" in the subject line, to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Ottawa Mission, however, due to the volume of resumés we receive; only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE, UPON REQUEST, FOR ALL APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES.
THE OTTAWA MISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.