Front Line Worker - St. Simons Shelter
Full-time and part-time positions are currently available. The individual will be required to be available for shifts as needed.
- This position is responsible for monitoring the Shelter premises and residents to ensure a safe environment for the residents, volunteers, students, staff and other stakeholders
- In absence of Assistant Manager or Shelter Manager, perform shift change with previous/next shift
- Assist residents with the observation of Shelter guidelines
- Interact with residents equally and in a consistent manner
- Perform light housekeeping and maintenance tasks to ensure a clean work environment, i.e. help residents with doing their laundry, washroom restocking and clean-up, etc.
- Conduct internal/external security rounds as required.
- Complete accurate, objective intake and discharge procedures of all residents admitted into the program where required
- Ensure Shelter residents store their belongings appropriately. Clear belongings of discharged residents and ensure that they are properly labeled and stored securely for two days
- Participate in training of volunteer, students and new staff members as designated by Assistant Manager, Shelter Manager or Executive Director
- Keep updated on Shelter activity by reading logbook
- Observe Shelter Standards in program delivery
- Observe confidentiality policy, and use appropriate avenues to share and acquire information on residents
- Intervene in conflict situations, taking lead role to resolve conflict in the most appropriate manner
- Ensure accurate and objective documentation of serious incidents within 24 hours
- Attend staff meetings
- Work in a staff team setting to further the development of the Shelter program and Shelter as a whole
- Responsible for keeping accurate daily intake sheets, occupancy reports, shift activity forms, service request reports and log book entries.
- Perform appropriate phone referral and intake when necessary
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned*
- Completion of all mandatory training as outlined in the Toronto Shelter Standards or the ability to successfully complete such training
- Knowledge of issues affecting this population and knowledge of emergency and social services
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of anti-racism, anti-sexism, and to challenging other forms of oppression
- Demonstrated experience working within a diverse ethno-racial, multi-lingual, LGBTQ2S, and adult community setting
- Ability to handle emergency situations (conflict resolution and harm reduction skills required)
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork approach
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.03 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Staff are provided PPE.
***INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY***: Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with job title "Front Line Worker Applicant" in subject line.