Food Services Worker (Cook) - St. Michael's Homes
Position: Food Services Worker (Cook)
Address: Main Office: 262 Gerrard Street East, Toronto Ontario
Employment Type: Contract, leave replacement
Position Type: Part Time
Hours per Week: 25 hours per week with shifts ranging from 7:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Pay Rate: $16.16/hour
Reporting to the Associate Executive Director and the Food Services Coordinator, the Food Services Worker (Cook) is primarily responsible for assisting in the production and delivery of healthy and attractive meals to clients of St. Michael’s Homes to aid in their recovery from the impact of addictions.
The Food Services Worker (Cook) assists with all Food Services activities, including menu planning, inventorying, ordering, receiving, storing, cooking disposing, and cleaning.
The Food Services Worker (Cook) complies with applicable food safety policies and best practices.
The Food Services Worker (Cook) assists in training selected clients of St. Michael’s Homes in our Food Services Training Program.
- Assists the Food Services Coordinator in the execution of his/her duties
- Assists in planning the menus for a four week cycle
- Completes daily inventory of foodstuffs at other sites
- Packages, stores, transports, and delivers meals and foodstuffs to other sites
- Prepares the weekly shopping list
- Performs pick-ups at the Daily Bread Food Bank
- Cleans food storage, preparation, and delivery facilities
- Works with trainees in the Food Services Training Program
- Models best practices in Food Services and articulates these to Food Services Staff and trainees, and other staff and clients
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Awareness and appreciation of client needs specific to the addictions and mental health field
- Two years’ experience in Food Services and/or Hospitality
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Food Handler Certification
- Experience cooking for large groups
- Clean driver’s abstract
To apply, please email email@example.com