Financial Administrator - Save A Family Plan
SAFP is currently seeking to fill the full-time position of Financial Administrator. The Finance Administrator is responsible for the financial functions of the organization, meeting all regulated, legislative, and commonly accepted accounting principles of a non-profit, registered charity. This position also provides administrative support to the organization.
The ideal candidate will be organized and detail-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with at least 5 years of experience working with an International non-profit organization with an educational background in bookkeeping or accounting. Strong administrative and time-management skills are required. Some experience using custom computer systems is preferred. Must be able to work independently as well a part of a small but dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and coordinate all of Save A Family Plan’s financial systems, processes and controls, including the general ledger, internal accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable, statutory remittances, insurance and budget monitoring using Simply Accounting software
- Monitor and record all disbursements, expenditures and receipts, ensuring timely, effective and accurate record keeping
- Ensure appropriate policies, procedures and processes with respect to financial transactions (including but not limited to cheque requisitions and related authorization, budgetary expenditures, pay and benefits) are followed
- Payroll Management (including pension, benefits and government deductions)
- Maintain and oversee SAFP banking systems (including but not limited to accounts, statements, records, and institutional arrangements), as well as maintaining SAFP’s insurance arrangements
- Advise and maintain SAFP’s investments, financial instruments and other related matters
- Prepare and submit Annual Income Tax Returns (Canada & USA) + HST
- Coordinate and assist the external auditors during the annual audit. Ensure that all audited financial statement deadlines are met per reporting requirements
- Bequest Management
- Prepare and coordinate the Annual Budget in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Maintain all financial files and record keeping systems
- Liaise with financial institutions and SAFP business associates
- Assist, support, counsel and advise the Executive Director with respect to financial matters, systems and processes to support the needs of the organization, Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Prepare regular reports on all financial activities as per need and request from the Executive Director and the SAFP Board of Directors, including but not limited to bank balances, cash flow reports, accounts payable and receivable reports, operational financial statements
- Administrative duties as per the request of the Executive Director
- The Financial Administrator position is a 37.5 hour per week position, with a benefits program and the opportunity to participate in a pension after 6 months of employment.
To learn more about our organization, please visit: http://www.safp.org