Financial Administrator - Athletics 4 Kids
More than 1/3 of Canadian children can't participate in sports or recreational activities due to financial barriers. If you believe in the power of sport to help build the self-esteem and social skills of a child, get involved with us!
Athletics For Kids Financial Assistance Society (A4K) provides underprivileged families with financial assistance to pay for registration fees for their children’s sports. We believe that all BC children should have the opportunity to play sports and realize their full potential, regardless of their socioeconomic status.
We are currently seeking to fill the newly created full-time position of Financial Administrator, with the primary functions of performing all aspects of the charity’s bookkeeping and financial reporting, including processing/administering sports grants to applicant families. Job duties could allow some flexibility of hours and working remotely for parts of the work week.
Bookkeeping and Financial, Reporting
- Using QuickBooks, administer monthly bookkeeping tasks and bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports
- Prepare monthly payroll (2 to 3 employees) and CRA remittance calculations
- Assist with processing donations and issuing tax receipts
- Assist Treasurer with annual charitable tax return and other CRA requirements
- Receive and Process sports grant applications and enter into Quick Books
- Issue sports grant cheques
- Maintain and monitor the grants database and provide applicable reports to Executive Director, Board of Directors and Eligibility Committee
- Adjudicate grant submissions based on A4K eligibility guidelines
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders via email and phone
- Educate and assist family applicants with new submission process
- Perform various administrative tasks as required to support the Executive Director, including:
- Data entry
- Assisting with fundraising events
- Occasional marketing activities, including co-ordinating A4K Athletes to engage in monthly newsletter
- Completion of accounting diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience
- Experience with Quick Books an asset
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, social media mediums and communications software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Friendly and professional phone manner and email etiquette
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Love of Sports (and kids)!
If you are a highly motivated and results-oriented individual with a passion to help us achieve our goal to give all kids the opportunity to play, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis, and the position has the flexibility of starting as part-time for the first 4-8 weeks.