Financial Administrator & Analyst - Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services
Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Administrator and Analyst is responsible for supporting the functions of the finance department. The Financial Administrator & Analyst will be required to perform the duties of their role in keeping with Dixon Hall’s mission, vision, and values, and operations as a multi-sector, multi-program, multi-site community services Agency.
- Prepare and update bank Entries.
- Prepare Deposit Slips for daily cash and cheque receipts.
- Maintain entries for all donations and coordinate donation information with the fundraising department.
- Enter all accounts receivable entries.
- Create invoices as required.
- Post all scheduled monthly journal entries and prepare reconciliations – prepaid, fixed asset, group insurance, cell phone bill, telephone bill, rent, postage, TTC floats, insurance, and audit.
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare adjusting entries.
- Reconcile donations with Sumac.
- Prepare and post all payroll-related journal entries – bi-weekly payroll, accrual payroll, and benefits.
- Update payroll information in payroll files.
- Work collaboratively with other Dixon Hall staff and departments and volunteers.
- Operate in an effective, efficient and client focused manner to achieve the best outcomes for clients.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in an accounting-finance program.
- 4+ years related experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented, consistently accurate and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and to take initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Application and accounting software.
- Experience preferred but not necessary for software currently used by the Agency (i.e. ADAGIO Accounting Software, CIMS for billings and SUMAC for processing donations).
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of evaluation and research software (d MS Office applications).
- Strong written and verbal English Language communication skills with a robust ability to exchange knowledge.
- Superior organizational, analytical, problem solving abilities; Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize, take initiative.
- Self-directed and independent, as well as proven experience in working effectively as an inter-disciplinary team member and in collaboration with other community professionals.
- Able to provide a “Clear” or satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check as determined by the operational requirements of the program.
- MUST be qualified to work in Canada legally for the Employer
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as a single Word or pdf document to email@example.com by May 12th, 2021 at 4:30pm quoting File #21-F&A-01 in the email “Subject” line.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted for an interview, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process. The hiring process is governed by Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services Race Relations and Employment Equity Policies.