Finance & Projects Coordinator - ALS Society of Canada
Finance & Projects Coordinator
Full-Time Contract Position
Toronto, Ontario- Temporarily Remote Due to COVID-19
The ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) is searching for a Finance & Projects Coordinator, to join our award-winning team. As the successful candidate you will primarily be responsible supporting the Finance team coordinate financial project activities, schedules, and reporting while providing overall logistical support to the organization’s financial objectives. You will have a high level of attention to detail and the skills to work cross-departmentally, understanding the organization’s overall needs and objectives. Join our team today!
- Support the Finance and Equipment teams with accurately inputting and processing coded invoices, ensuring invoices are correctly authorized for payment
- Maintain and file paper and electronic documentation for audit compliance
- Input the organization’s operational budget into the accounting software templates
- Provide administrative support to the Finance team, acting as a backup during staff absences supporting payroll and accounts payable as required
CRM Database Implementation
- Support the Manager, Database and Donor Services with the implementation of the new CRM database
- Provide logistical support to the project team, scheduling team meetings, following up on tasks, deliverables and issues, escalating as required
- Track project plan to baseline against time constraints suggesting adjustments to the plan as required
- Provide status updates and reports for all internal and external stakeholders regularly
- Identify risks that would impact the delivery of the project
- Act as point of contact for third party vendors for projects
- Support the development of training modules for the staff team
- Monitor general ALS Canada inbox and voicemail responding to inquiries daily, providing a high level of customer service
- Attend events on behalf of ALS Canada as an ambassador as required
- Other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary degree/ diploma or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of working experience in a related area, previous experience in accounting and/or finance environment required
- Enrolled in CPA qualification program or working toward accounting certification
- Understanding of Generally Accounting Principals
- Experience with computer accounting systems and relevant software applications
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to take initiative and respond to directed tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn new computing applications
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely and complete documentation and electronic records for each event/program
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritizing tasks based on organizational need
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external partners
- Discretion, compassion and emotional resilience
- Previous experience with CRM databases and accounting software a strong asset
- Previous project management experience and familiarity with project management tools and methods
- Experience working at a health charity or working with individuals with a terminal illness
- French/ English Bilingualism
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer, we strongly encourage people from equity seeking groups to apply.
What you’ll be part of
You’ll become part of a community of leaders who are passionate about the work they do because every day, you’ll know your work has contributed to making an impact. ALS Canada is a charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect. We work with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) through community-based support services, advocacy and investment in research toward a future without ALS.
Our world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage.