Finance & Operations Manager - JUNA Consulting Inc.
The Council for Advancement of African Canadians in Alberta, operating as Africa Centre, is the largest pan African organization in western Canada, serving as a community hub that provides programs and services from a place of cultural awareness and competency to the families in our diverse community.
We are currently seeking a Finance & Operations Manager to contribute to the success of the overall organization. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and has responsibility to manage the finance and operations of the organization.
The candidate in this position will handle key decisions and challenges, working with all members of the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for a variety of finance and operational functions as follows:
- Financial management, reporting, services and internal controls
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Grant management
- Asset and facility management
- Human resources management
- Information technology
Education & Experience
- University degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or equivalent
- Professional accounting designation is a definite asset
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance and operations position, preferably in the not-for-profit industry
- Strong background in budget preparation, grant management (private funders and government grants) and operations
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software ( QuickBooks, Aplos , Sage 50 etc.) would be a definite asset
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office
Skills & Abilities
As the ideal candidate, you have a passion for teamwork, performance and diversity, and of course the community in which we serve. You are a trusted and confidential finance and operational resource for employees at all levels of our organization.
Independent, resourceful and proactive, you are a problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment. When faced with a new challenge, you have the ability to navigate the unknown and identify practical solutions that make a difference.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we invite you to forward your resume and salary expectations, in confidence, by email to email@example.com
For more information on the Africa Centre, please visit us online at https://www.africacentre.ca/.
The Africa Centre is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted.