Finance Manager - Reconnect Community Health Services
Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
The Finance Manager is an integral member of the Reconnect staff team, working closely with the Director of Finance in strategic decision-making as Reconnect continues to enhance programming and build capacity. The Finance Manager is a professional whose responsibilities focus on managing end to end accounting processes while assisting the Director of Finance with planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis of operating results. A key component of this role is managing internal and external client relationships and establishing effective communication with key stakeholders. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direction and supervision to members of the Finance team
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Finance department including month-end processes, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly financial package that includes financial statements, notes and variance analyses within prescribed deadlines for review by the Director of Finance prior to the release to internal and external stakeholders. This includes:
- Preparing monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensuring the completion of bank reconciliations
- Preparing and validating financial statements
- Providing supporting documents and reports to the financial statements
- Preparing variance analyses and explanation of financial results
- Assist the Director of Finance in the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Aid in the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of financial controls and procedures
The successful candidate will possess:
- Has or is pursuing the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- At least five years of related accounting/financial experience, preferably in a government-funded, not-for-profit organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products primarily in Excel and Word
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and effectively manage in a high stress environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Sensitivity in dealing with confidential information
- Good verbal, written and listening skills
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Criminal background check
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, September 17 2019. Please reference "Finance Manager" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.