Senior Bookkeeper - Oceanside Building Learning Together Society
Oceanside Building Learning Together Society Parksville/Qualicum
Terms: Part time, 16 hours per week Start Date: as soon as possible
Wage: $25-$30 per hour to start (based on experience)
Job Description: The successful candidate will be fully responsible for all financial record keeping and compliance reporting for the organization including the complete day to day full cycle operational processes. The Finance Manager will have previous experience with all aspects of non-profit accounting including but not limited to: gaming summary reports; charity information returns, donation tax receipts, grant budget creation and reporting and government funding.
The Finance Manager will provide timely and accurate statements and reports. In addition, you will process payroll and accompanying government remittances for 10-15 employees. You will play a lead role in development of annual operations budget.
This position works closely with the Oceanside BLT Manager and liaises with the Treasurer and the Board of Directors in other financial capacities.
- Excellent organization, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work independently, ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Competent technology skills with confidence to resolve issues as they arise
- Demonstrated high level experience with full cycle bookkeeping including data entry for all funding, donations, disbursements, and deferred revenue transactions. Must have a good understanding of Project Allocations and Budgets in SAGE 50.
- Proven experience with payroll concepts including the ability to calculate gross earnings, determine tax responsibilities, remit payroll taxes and complete payroll forms such as ROE’s, T4 Slips, T4 Summary, PD7A and TD1.
- Is proficient with the organization and development on annual operation budgets
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in an accounting role in a non-profit setting.
- Good understanding of CRA compliance and reporting requirements for non-profits
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong aptitude for accounting theory practice and systems
- Non-profit childcare experience and knowledge of government funding and reporting for childcare and grants
- Familiar with non-profit banking procedures processes and requirements
- Proficiency in Sage 50 accounting system including budgeting and project allocations
- Experience with Electronic Fund Payments and Transfers
- Accounting Diploma - preferred
- Bookkeepers with CPB designation.
- Current clear RCMP Record Check is a hiring requirement
- Familiarity with OBLT programs and community resources would be an asset
Interested applicants please send resume and cover letter attention: Judi Malcolm, OBLT Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cc: Hkinley@sd69.bc.ca and email@example.com