Finance Coordinator - Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre
Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the financial activities and related statistical reporting requirements of the corporation. Ensuring best practices in all accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and statistical reporting to management, Board of Directors, and the MOHLTC/LHIN.
- Responsible for all accounting operations including journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, statutory reporting and banking functions
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Prepares annual balanced budget with input and final approval from AED & ED
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for presentation to the audit committee
- Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements and the Annual Reconciliation Report
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual financial and statistical reports for the MOHLTC, Ontario Health and other funders as required
- Prepares remittances to CRA & Minister of Finance, prepare annual returns/reports for Registered Charity, HST and EHT
- Develops and maintains updated policy manual for all financial processes
- Assists and works closely with HR Coordinator on issues regarding payroll, remittances and reporting
- Other related duties required or assigned
Education & Experience
- B.A. in Accounting/Commerce (or equivalent), professional designation desired
- Minimum of three to five years of experience working in an accounting/bookkeeping environment
- Proficiency on multiple accounting software platforms including Great Plains MS Dynamic and FRx Reports
- Experience working with a not-for-profit in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Satisfactory criminal record vulnerable population check
- Valid class G Ontario driver’s license
Flexible hours of work. The Finance Coordinator works out of the administrative site, located in Stittsville. Use of a vehicle and a full G driver’s license is required.
The Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre (DSYTC) is a non-profit, community-based agency dedicated to helping youth overcome substance use, mental health and other related challenges in order to achieve a healthy lifestyle. DSYTC programs and services include: evidence-based residential addiction and mental health treatment for young males and females (ages 13-21), family support and education, academics, prosocial recreation and primary care programming as well as assertive aftercare and other specialized services (e.g., psychiatry).
The DSYTC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, training and opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive environment.
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application or interview process, please notify Human Resources in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. As an equal opportunity employer DSYTC seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Kevin Crawford, Kevin.email@example.com .
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.