Finance Coordinator - Autism Ontario
Autism Ontario is a charitable organization with a history of over 46 years representing the thousands of people on the autism spectrum and their families across Ontario. Made up of knowledgeable parents, professionals, and autistic self-advocates who can speak to the key issues that impact those with autism and their families, Autism Ontario is the province’s leading source of information and referral on autism, and one of the largest collective voices representing the autism community. Members are connected through a volunteer network of 25 Chapters throughout the Province of Ontario.
You see the meaning beyond the numbers. You have an analytical mind and enjoy problem solving. You pride yourself on being detailed oriented. You love helping people with their finances and providing excellent customer service. If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity for you. We are seeking a flexible individual who is confident in assessing and managing multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
Reporting to the CFIO, and working with the Finance team, staff, and volunteers, the Finance Coordinator performs general accounting, financial reporting, and payroll.
- Title: Finance Coordinator
- Location: Autism Ontario Provincial Office (1179 King St. West, Toronto) (Temporarily remote due to pandemic)
- Hours of Work: 37.5 hours (1.0 FTE)
- Salary Range: $50,000 – 60,000
- Duration: 1 Year Contract (possibility of renewal)
- Recording revenue and receipts
- Paying suppliers
- Reconciling and managing bank accounts
- Provide training on financial policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Chapters, AGCO, and Province of Ontario
- Review annual budgets
- Prepare schedules and reports for annual audit
- Prepare and submit semi-monthly payroll
- Prepare payroll related reports such as EHT and T4’s
Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of post-secondary business education program and/or CPA PEP student
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, training, and with charities
- Proficiency in Sage 50, MS 365 (especially Excel), and Ceridian Powerpay
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and benefits administration and/or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP).
- Reliability, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong interpersonal skills (in-person, telephone and online)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a team is essential
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote Finance Coordinator in your subject line of your email and application. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however only those candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Autism Ontario is an equal opportunity employer committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, and actively encourages individuals on the autism spectrum and from all equity seeking groups to apply. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected factors.
Autism Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Autism Ontario will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the hiring process.