Finance Administrator (WFLI) - Maternity Leave Coverage - Power to Change (HR)
Title: Finance Administrator (WFLI) - Maternity Leave Coverage
Ministry: Water for Life Initiative, Global Aid Network (GAiN) Canada
Location: Langley, BC (National Headquarters)
Reports to: Operations & Technical Manager WFLI
Position type: Temporary Part-Time (20-25 hours per week)
Power to Change (P2C) helps people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
About the Ministry
Global Aid Network Canada (GAiN) is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization dedicated to relieving suffering, restoring dignity, and revealing hope to people living in some of the toughest places on earth. Restoring Lives: GAiN’s passion is to ease the challenging living situations that people experience in everyday life in developing countries by providing them with the tools and resources they require.
Revealing Hope: GAiN aspires to not only bring tangible humanitarian aid to people living in difficult situations but to also see them come to faith in Jesus Christ and share it with others. Employing a discipleship and church planting strategy in tandem following the gift of clean water, critical aid and sustainable development, GAiN seeks to embrace people with the love of God, to let them know they are of value and significance, and to restore their dignity.
About the Role
The Water for Life Initiative (WFLI) works to provide access to sustainable safe water to communities in desperate need, as well as provide critical hygiene, sanitation, and health education. This initiative opens the door to share the love of Jesus and to partner with local pastors to mobilize churches. This position will provide financial and administrative support to WFLI's water and church mobilization programs.
This role will be accountable to achieve the following outcomes:
1. Monthly operational field reporting is on-time, accurate, complete and captured in GAiN Canada’s records (30%)
2. Field Financial records sent are accurate and complete (50%)
3. Administrative support to the WFLI Director and WFLI Technical and Operations Manager provided (20%)
Education and Requirements
- 1-2 years’ administrative and/or accounting and finance background
- Experience in ministry and/or working in non profit organization is an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft products and Google suite
- Accounting credentials (or working towards credentials) is an asset
- Experience working with accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks) an asset
- You have a compassionate heart and passion to impact the hurting and poor worldwide with the love of Christ
- You have a desire to grow and be challenged in their personal walk with the Lord
- You have an interest in the field of humanitarian aid and development
- You have strong administrative skills You are organized and detail orientated
- You are able to work independently and take initiative
- You have a willingness to learn new skills and grow professionally
What We Offer Our Staff:
Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+ hours)
Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
Weekly Chapel services
Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
Discounts at our Resource Centre
During the COVID-19 pandemic, P2C has implemented a number of measures to protect the health of our staff, including active screening upon entry to the office, Covid Safety Plan and Training for all of our staff and mandated the use of mask in the office. Only those individuals who are free of cold and flu symptoms are able to work in the building. We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.