Field Fundraising Officer - BC NDP
The BC NDP is hiring a Field Fundraising Officer to support constituency association fundraising and donor stewardship.
As a key member of the Field team, the Fundraising Officer will work with volunteers, MLAs and constituencies associations to drive and support local fundraising and donor stewardship. The Field Fundraising Officer will play a lead role in supporting constituency compliance with Elections BC regulations and BC NDP fundraising policies, and in supporting successfully executed fundraising activities that meet annual targets over a four-year electoral cycle.
- Develop rapport amongst and with BC NDP activists and MLAs;
- Engage with activists and donors on the phone and by email to further fundraising at the constituency level;
- Prepare and deliver trainings on all aspects of local fundraising and donor stewardship;
- Follow and promote best practices for fundraising;
- Draft and prepare on-brand local fundraising materials, including templates, scripts, guides and training documents;
- Support and track local fundraising activities and progress towards annual targets;
- Support constituency compliance with Elections BC regulations and BC NDP policies;
- Positively represent and further the goals of the BC NDP;
- Ask for and accurately track contributions;
- Keep accurate records with CiviCRM;
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and organizational skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build rapport with donors and volunteers;
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for direct ask fundraising;
- Ability to write compelling fundraising emails and direct mail letters;
- Diligent and detailed record keeping;
- Ability to work in a co-operative, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work under pressure, learn quickly and manage competing priorities and meet deadlines;
- A strong commitment to the BC NDP’s core values and familiarity with provincial politics;
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, Zoom, Slack, Asana, Mailchimp and Google docs;
- Willingness and availability to work long and irregular hours including weekends as required; and
- Recent fundraising experience with non-profit or membership-based volunteer organizations.
- Knowledge of the structure, history, policies and principles of the New Democratic Party of BC;
- Knowledge of BC’s electoral financing legislation;
- Written and spoken Mandarin, Cantonese or Punjabi;
- Established positive working relationships with BC NDP MLAs and activists;
- Familiarity with digital platforms including Facebook ads; and
- Knowledge of CiviCRM and BC NDP donor tracking systems and tools
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time permanent position, reporting to the BC NDP Field Director.
The position is covered by the CUPE 3787 Collective Agreement.
The position is based at the BC NDP office in Vancouver, BC. During the COVID-19 pandemic, remote work options are available.
The BC NDP supports employment equity. People of colour, women, Indigenous people, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people living with a disability and young people are encouraged to apply.
Apply by email using subject line “Field Fundraising Officer” to Jordan Reid, BC NDP Field Director, at email@example.com. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Please include cover letter, resume and three relevant references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.