Festival Assistant - Mono And Bilingual - Arts on the Ave Edmonton Society
Deep Freeze Winter Festival will take place in January 2020 but the hard work of planning and organization takes place in the month prior to the actual event, and the administrative clean-up in the months immediately after. The festival takes place in a historic Edmonton neighbourhood with a small growing Francophone community.
The successful candidate will provide bilingual pre and post festival administrative and planning support to the festival team and act as a liaison to the local Francophone community and the local media for the festival. Having this added bilingual support will assist Arts on the Ave in continuing to build and renew our historic district while providing a student with the opportunity to engage and work within a broad multi-cultural community, as well as provide them with valuable experience in planning a large scale multi-arts festival event in Alberta's capital city.
The ideal candidate for the position:
- has a good working knowledge of both official languages (French and English), written and spoken;
- one position does not require French language skills;
- is an enthusiastic, self-starter who is flexible and resourceful;
- enjoys working in a fast-paced, fun environment with minimal supervision;
- has a keen interest and/or experience or studies in an arts or administrative field (preferred);
- has excellent communication and customer service skills;
- outgoing, professional, comfortable with media in both languages;
- is organized, responsible and reliable;
- possesses a good knowledge of social media marketing tools;
- has good computer skills (Excel, Word & Google Docs)
- has a valid driver's license (required) and own transportation (required)
- Can be studying in Arts Administration, Fine Arts, Communications, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline.
- Love of winter and an interest in the Arts is a must.
- Experience or interest in arts festivals and community events is an asset
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org