Family Physician - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort is seeking a part time 0.5FTE Family Physician for 1 year contract to join our interdisciplinary team at Four Corners Health Centre!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provides primary care directly, emphasizing accessibility, health promotion, illness and injury prevention and continuity of care in various settings.
- Interviews (takes history), examines, makes medical assessments, taking into account the social and economic determinants of health.
- Diagnoses and treats acute conditions.
- Diagnoses and treats chronic conditions incorporating self-management techniques as appropriate
- Provides primary care indirectly by working interactively with nurse practitioners, providing consultation to nurses or other staff, and by developing medical or clinical protocols.
- Provides on-call coverage on a rotating shared basis with other Physicians to ensure that medical care can be accessed 24 hours per day throughout the entire year.
- Maintains hospital privileges, if possible, at a convenient hospital.
- Participates in case conferences with other providers to ensure coordination of client services.
- Degree in medicine from a recognized school or faculty of medicine;
- Current licence to practice medicine from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Successful completion of a two-year post graduate residency program accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and an active member of the College;
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Salary: $ 212,437 plus on call stipend (prorated to 0.5FTE)
(plus benefits and HOOPP pension plan)
Other benefits: CME days and allowance
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: Open until filled
Please put “MD0619” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.