Family Outreach Worker - Canadian Mothercraft of Ottawa-Carleton
Family Outreach Worker – Mothercraft Ottawa
EarlyON Child and Family Centre- Central and South locations
- Full-time Position
- *37.5 hours per week *including Saturdays, one evening a week, occasional events
START DATE: October 14, 2019
The Family Outreach Worker, under the direction of the Director of Children and Family Services, is responsible to provide support and delivery of initiatives through Mothercraft’s EarlyON Child and Family Centres to the designated local communities guided by the following principles of being: community led, child and family centered, providing a warm and welcoming environment, and having high quality, inclusive and integrated programs and services.
The Family Outreach Worker will explore relevant new partnerships, identify and address barriers to participation, plan and implement culturally sensitive programs, support the participation of families with children with special needs in all Mothercraft programs and provide inclusion training, facilitate workshops and support to staff. This position will work with a small team of staff, volunteers and students to plan and implement culturally inclusive supportive programs that promote growth in all areas of development for children from 0-6 years of age.
All programs are planned to align with the EarlyON Child and Family Centres’ mandate, guided by family support principles, and delivered within the context of Mothercraft’s mission and strategic plan. Our core services will engage parents and caregivers. Support early learning and development and make connections for families.
- Bilingual in French and English
- Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the CECE, or City exemption
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with families/caregivers and children 0 to 6
- Extensive knowledge of early years child development
- Demonstrated ability to work well with, build trust, identify and respond to the needs of people with diverse cultures and backgrounds; marginalized groups and diverse family units including LGBTTQ2+
- Understanding and experience working with at risk and marginalized populations
- Experience with special needs children will be considered an asset
- Experience in-group facilitation, delivering workshops and presentations
- Experience and proven ability in working with a multidisciplinary team
- Working knowledge of related community resources in the City of Ottawa
- Valid first aid and CPR C certification
- Police Record Check for the vulnerable sector
- Access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license and 2 million dollar liability insurance
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: to be determined
- vacation leave (as per the personnel policies manual).
- sick leave (as per the personnel policies manual).
Mothercraft Ottawa reserves the right to modify the terms of its benefit packages, from time to time, in its sole discretion.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resumé ASAP to: email@example.com
In your cover letter, please indicate the position you are interested in applying for and explain how your experience in the field supports your suitability for this role.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants who are short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Mothercraft Ottawa is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Mothercraft Ottawa will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Mothercraft Ottawa strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Mothercraft Ottawa will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.